Found yourself hungry in Haifa, ravenous in Riyadh or starving in Sana? You’ll find yourself spoiled for choice everywhere you go in the Middle East as the region is well known for its extensive and varied culinary delights, many of which are now readily available in the West.
Dips, Bread and Salads
Bread is a staple in the region and there are a number of different varieties to dunk into the many dips the region boasts in abundance.
Dips and bread – with or without salad – make for a read more
Beach holidays have been the mainstay of the holiday industry for a great many years. In fact, for many people in the UK, the word ‘holiday’ is synonymous with either brightly coloured plastic buckets and spades or afternoon massages, which involve fragrant oils in health spas in remote, exotic locations.
This, of course, is all very well; as many holidaymakers do in fact, love nothing more than to relax on the beach, working on their tans and reading a good novel. When the sun goes down, it is then time for the read more
Branching out into the global marketplace can be a rewarding move if done at the right time. Since there are some risks associated with selling your products and services in a foreign country, you may feel the need to travel there and find out as much as you can about the structures, advertising and corporate tactics that work best in that overseas environment.
When planning your travel itinerary then, it will be important to follow these four simple techniques. By doing your research and networking in the proper manner, read more
Budget Travel, Travel Tags:
Tying the knot away from home in an exotic destination? Any couple getting hitched in a picturesque location that absolutely has to be captured on film should seriously consider commissioning a destination wedding photographer.
Destination weddings require plenty of planning and preparations, though as you’re saying your vows in a special location, if there’s one thing you can’t leave to chance, it’s the photographer you commission.
So what is a destination photographer? read more
Everyone has a favourite holiday destination — a place which you can happily visit on numerous occasions, and somewhere where you feel comfortable and at home. Occasionally, however, visits to the same destination each year can become a bit too familiar, with the same sights to see and attractions to visit. Not so for Orlando, Florida. After all, Orlando is not known as the Fun Capital of the World for nothing, and there is nowhere else in the world which can offer something new to see and do every single time you read more
If you are not sure where to go on your next summer break with the family, the Mediterranean’s second biggest island is well worth including in your short list of possible destinations. Below, I have put together a list containing what I believe to be the 5 most compelling reasons to take your partner and children to this beautiful part of the world on your next family vacation.
- 1. Over 1,000 miles of unspoilt coastline – children and adults alike love to spend time on the beach when they are on holiday and Sardinia has more than most places to offer in terms of gorgeous beaches lapped by clear blue waters. The most famous stretch of coastline to be found on the island has to be the Costa Smeralda, which was exclusively the preserve of the rich and famous up until recently. Nowadays, however, the area is visited by people from all income brackets and you can find some very affordable deals on the Emerald Coast. In addition to fantastic beaches where you can work on your tan, you can indulge in the popular pastime of people watching and see what the rich and famous like to get up to when they are on holiday.
- 2. Water parks – dozens of swimming pools, exciting water slides and terrifying flumes await visitors to Sardinia’s water parks, of which there are two of note. Diverland Aquatic Park is roughly 20kms from the island’s capital city, Cagliari, and Aquadream is in Baja Sardinia (the commune of Arzachena), a popular family holiday destination at the start of the Emerald Coast. Whichever one you decide to visit, you are sure to have a great time. In fact, your only problem might be persuading your children to leave when it’s time to return to your hotel.
- 3. Ice cream – wherever you go in Italy, you will find dozens of independent ice cream shops selling delicious treats that the whole family can enjoy. Sardinia is no exception in this respect and you will also find a tempting array of sorbets, frozen yoghurts and the regional speciality, seadas (which is basically pastry stuffed with cheese, fried and coated with honey), in the local stores and eateries. If you just want to stick to ice cream, you will find a wide variety of flavours, all made using high quality cream.
- 4. Cheap flights – one of the biggest expenses for families that wish to travel overseas can be the cost of the plane tickets they need to get where they want to go. However, with several budget airlines operating regular flights to the island, it is possible for a family of four living in the UK to reach Sardinia for around £240, depending on the time of year and their exact location of course.If you are on a particularly tight budget, I would recommend that you avoid travelling at the weekends as prices are usually significantly higher for flights on Saturdays and Sundays. You may end up departing and arriving in the small hours if you opt for the cheapest tickets available but it’s only 2 hours and 20 minutes by plane from London, Gatwick to Olbia, the airport that serves the Costa Smeralda, so it shouldn’t be too much of an inconvenience.
- 5. Fun under canvas – whilst you might not fancy spending a fortnight in a tent, your kids are sure to love the idea of spending at least a couple of nights under canvas when you visit this island. There are a number of excellent campsites that are ideal for people considering luxury holidays in Sardinia with a touch of adventure thrown in for the sake of their children. If you are travelling during the summer months then keeping warm at night should not be a problem and rainfall will be minimal.
Having enjoyed a number of family breaks on this beautiful island, I can unreservedly recommend it to anybody read more
When it comes to travel destinations, few boast as much natural beauty as Australia. The vast expanses found here have created scenery untouched by human hands, giving tourists the ability to witness some truly amazing vistas. If you are thinking about visiting this far-off nation, here are seven of the best destinations available.
Kakadu National Park
Image credit: jonclark2000, license Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0)
Located in the north of Australia, just south of Darwin, Kakadu National Park is a read more
Ibiza has been a popular destination for holidaymakers for many years and whilst a lot of them go in search of the sun, some go looking for the local culture. If you have never visited this amazing island, you should keep it as an option for future holidays. The island is of course famous for its amazing beaches and also its nightlife but you will also be able to find many natural attractions and archaeological remains. Whatever you are looking for in a holiday, you should be able to find it in read more
Travel tips come in all shapes and sizes, whether you’re seeking out advice on how to save money while you travel, or you want to know exactly how to get the best experience out of everything you do while travelling at home or abroad.
These tips are especially useful, however, when you’re looking for ways to explore trodden ground in unusual circumstances, such as when heading out on a camping trip. Sure, you’ve been camping many times in the past, but this time you want to mix things up a bit; you want to do something you’ve never read more
New Zealand is a land of wonder, somewhere where romance is the dish of the day, every day. For this reason, taking your partner out on a romantic camping trip is not only entirely possible, it’s potentially one of the most romantic things you can do together.
Although there are, arguably, a number of places you must visit before you die, from a romantic point of view it’s usually the little things that have the biggest impact, meaning you don’t have to spend an enormous amount of money to show your partner just how much they mean read more
Apart from being rich, most individuals who take a trip on luxury cruises are experinced, prepared travellers who revel in cooperating with other similarly identical thinking travelers. These individuals are upbeat to pay more, when it implies they can spend vacation in a 5 star, advanced environment where they will be decently cared for.
Positively, on luxury cruises, each traveler is given an elevated amount of particular administration, as the staffs are prepared to indulge your each read more
Thanks the relatively low cost of airfare, more and more people are having the opportunity to travel the world. While world travel is enjoyable, it does bring with it some inherent risk. In order to stave off these risks, some individuals choose to purchase travel insurance from an insurance agency. Others decide to travel without it. The following are four risks that travelers who go without travel insurance face:
Just think about the following scenario. You are taking read more